Chili Cornbread Skillet
1 lbground beef
1 can(s)15 oz black beans,rinsed and drained
1 can(s)15 oz. diced tomatoes
1 can(s)chili beans
1 can(s)corn, drained
1 can(s)15 oz. tomato sauce
1 box15 oz box jiffy cornbread mix plus ingredients on box egg, milk, oil
1 csharp shredded cheddar
How to Make Chili Cornbread Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a 12" oven safe skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- To the cooked ground beef, add black beans, tomatoes, chili beans, corn and tomato sauce. If you want an extra kick of spice, add 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder. Stir together and bring to a low boil. Simmer for ten minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, mix up the cornbread using the box mix plus the ingredients it calls for, such as eggs, milk, and oil or butter. Add the cup of shredded cheddar and gently stir just enough to incorporate.
- Remove chili from heat and drop cornbread batter by spoonfuls over the chili, gently spreading to the edges.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden brown. Check the cornbread for doneness before dividing into bowls and serving