Chili-Broiled Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbround steak, 1 inch thick
3 Tbspfresh lime juice
4 tspvegetable oil
1 Tbspchili powder
1 tsplime peel, grated
2garlic cloves, crushed
1 smallonion, sliced
1 Tbspginger, finely chopped
1 1/2 lbred potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cchicken broth
2 lbasparagus, cut in 2 inch slices
5 1/4 cchopped parsley
How to Make Chili-Broiled Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
- Place steak in glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl using fork, beat lime juice, 2 teaspoons oil, chili powder, lime peel and garlic to blend well; pour over steak.
- Let stand 15 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- Heat broiler, first positioning rack 6 inches from heat source.
- In 12-in nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil; add onion and ginger; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is softened.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, about 8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables cook, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on rack in broiler pan; broil 6-7 minutes on each side to medium-rare, or to desired doneness.
- Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand several minute to allow for easier carving.
- Meanwhile, drain potatoes and asparagus; toss gently with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into diagonal slices; arrange on serving platter.
- Serve with vegetables.