Chicken Fried Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1.5 lb
- round steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tsp
- meat tenderizer
How to Make Chicken Fried Steak
- 1Cut the round steak into slightly small portions and beat with a mallet or back of a knife until thin and all ratty looking.
- 2Beat the eggs with a little water.
- 3Mix the flour, salt, pepper and about 1 1/2 teaspoons of tenderizer together.
- 4Dredge the meat through the eggs and then in the flour mixture.
- 5Fry on medium-high heat in oil and butter.
- 6Be careful that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan too bad.
- 7As you cook, sprinkle little bits of the flour mix in the pan so that you get a lot of good drippings. This will be used for the gravy.
- 8When the meat is cooked through, drain on paper towels while you make the gravy.
- 9Drain most of the oil out of the pan, and add about 1/2 stick of butter.
- 10Stir well over medium low heat to scrape all the drippings off the bottom of the pan.
- 11Sprinkle some more of the flour mix into the pan until you almost have a roux.
- 12Add a little milk at a time, stirring well with a flat spatula to get it all mixed up.
- 13When desired consistency, remove from heat and serve with the steak.
- 14Try serving with black-eyed peas and lots of mashed potatoes or rice.
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment