Chicken Fried Round Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 lb
- round steak, 1/2" thick
- eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Fried Round Steak
- 1Cut steak into serving pieces.
- 2Pound steak thoroughly.
- 3Mix eggs and milk.
- 4Dip meat into egg mixture, then into cracker crumbs.
- 5Brown, slowly, on both sides in hot shortening.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cover, tightly, cook over very low heat 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- 8Serve with Southern gravy over steaks.
- 9Makes 6 servings.