Cheryl's Low Carb Green Chile Burger Caserole
I serve this casserole with a small green salad.
It is easily tweaked to suit your family's taste. You can add bacon for a bacon cheese burger taste.
Add some BBQ sauce to make a tasty BBQ Burger.
- 3 lb
- lean ground beef
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- knorr beef bouillion powder**
- whole roasted, peeled green chilies
- or 1 small can of mild or medium chopped green chiles
- 8 oz
- shredded cheddar or cheddar cheese blends
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- mayonaise (not miracle whip or salad dressing!)
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- **i do not add salt to the meat mixture because i add the beef bouilion .
How to Make Cheryl's Low Carb Green Chile Burger Caserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Knorr beef bouillon.
- 3Drain ground beef, place meat in baking dish, stir in green chilies and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- 4Top with remaining amount of shredded cheese.
- 5Beat eggs, mayonnaise and heavy cream. Add a dash of each, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt.
- 6Pour cream mixture over the meat mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Top will brown and look similar to a hamburger bun.
- 7Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- 8NOTE: I use my 12 inch cast iron skillet to brown the ground beef, then drain off the fat and put it back into the skillet. So, this is a one skillet meal for me.