Cheryl's Low Carb Green Chile Burger Caserole
I serve this casserole with a small green salad.
It is easily tweaked to suit your family's taste. You can add bacon for a bacon cheese burger taste.
Add some BBQ sauce to make a tasty BBQ Burger.
3 lblean ground beef
3/4 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsponion powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 tspknorr beef bouillion powder**
2whole roasted, peeled green chilies
·or 1 small can of mild or medium chopped green chiles
8 ozshredded cheddar or cheddar cheese blends
1/2 cmayonaise (not miracle whip or salad dressing!)
1/4 cheavy cream
·**i do not add salt to the meat mixture because i add the beef bouilion .
How to Make Cheryl's Low Carb Green Chile Burger Caserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Knorr beef bouillon.
- Drain ground beef, place meat in baking dish, stir in green chilies and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining amount of shredded cheese.
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise and heavy cream. Add a dash of each, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt.
- Pour cream mixture over the meat mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Top will brown and look similar to a hamburger bun.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: I use my 12 inch cast iron skillet to brown the ground beef, then drain off the fat and put it back into the skillet. So, this is a one skillet meal for me.