Cheryl's Crock Pot Swiss Steak
This is almost as tasty and is so easy the kids could do it! Throw it in the crock and pot on low and head off to work. . .when you get home you will walk into an awesome smell and your dinner is ready to serve. I usually just serve it with a salad. . .but the sauce would be good over rice.
- 2 lb
- chuck steak, lean
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with onion, celery and green peppers
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- knorr beef bouillon powder (or 2 knorr beef bouillon cubes, chopped into tiny pieces)
How to Make Cheryl's Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 1Spray large crock pot with non stick spray.
- 2Season steak to taste with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place in bottom of crock pot.
- 3Cover steak with can of diced tomatoes (I use 14.5 ounce can, Safeway brand)
- 4Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Knorr Beef Bouillon on top of the diced tomatoes.
- 5Cover and set on low. Cook 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks the more tender it gets. We have eaten it at 6 hours and at 9 hours.
VARIATION 1: USE CHICKEN BREASTS OR PIECES AND CHICKEN BOUILLON. THE CHICKEN SHOULD BE FROZEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO LET IT COOK ALL DAY WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.
VARIATION 2: USE SPICY ROTEL TYPE TOMATOES AND ADD A TABLESPOON OF *CHILI POWDER AND 1/4 TEASPOON OF CUMIN FOR A MEXICAN VERSION. IT IS GOOD WITH BEEF, CHICKEN OR PORK.
*PREPARED CHILI POWDER OFTEN HAS SALT AND CUMIN ADDED TO IT. I USE PLAIN CHILI POWDER AND ADD CUMIN AND SALT TO MY TASTE.