Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
1 lblean ground beef (90% lean)
1 largeonion chopped
2 1/2 csalsa
1 can(s)(15 ounces) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 creduced-fat italian salad dressing
2 Tbsptaco seasoning
1/4 tspground cumin
6flour tortillas (8 inches)
1 can(s)of drained corn (small)
3/4 csour cream
1 cshredded lettuce
1 mediumtomato chopped
1/4 cminced fresh cilantro
How to Make Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, corn (optional), taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
The last & final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with pam or other and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.