1.5 lbground beef
1celery stalk, finely chopped
32 oztomato sauce
4 ozmushrooms, sliced
3potatoes, thinly sliced
4 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Cheese-Topped Beef and Potato Bake
- Cook beef, onion and celery until browned.
- Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, water, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Into a 9x13-inch baking dish, spoon 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Arrange 1/2 of potato slices on top.
- Repeat, ending with ground beef mixture.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Discard foil.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven just until cheese melts.