Cheese Filled Salisbury Steaks1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1/4 ccrackers, crushed
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
4cheese sticks, 2 x 1 inch
10.5 ozbeef broth
1 largeonion, sliced
How to Make Cheese Filled Salisbury Steaks
- In medium bowl, mix lightly but thoroughly beef, crumbs, worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Shape in 4 oval patties.
- Enclose a cheese stick in each patty, covering cheese completely and tightly.
- Brown patties in a little butter in pan.
- In skillet with cover, bring broth and water to boiling.
- Add patties to skillet.
- Surround with onions and cover.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes and remove meat.
- Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water and stir into skillet.
- Cook mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add meat and heat if necessary.