2 lbground beef
2red or green bell peppers
1 can(s)nacho cheese soup
1 can(s)black olives, sliced
8 ozsalsa, chunky
2 pkgcorn muffin, mix
3/4 ccolby/monterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheese & Beef Tamale Pie
- In 12" skillet cook ground beef, peppers and onions until meat is brown.
- Stir in soup, black olives, salsa and water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package.
- Spread 1/2 into greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Spoon the hot meat mixture over muffin mix.
- Carefully spread remaining corn muffin batter over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes until muffin layer is golden.
- Top with cheese.
- Garnish with olives and tomatoes.