You can use shoulder or round steak also if you prefer. I have used stew meat on occasion.
1 1/z lbboneless chuck steak
1/4 cdiced onion
3 mediumtomatoes, diced small
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 cdiced bell pepper
1 cbeef broth
How to Make Carne Guisada
- Cube the beef,
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook until beef is browned and veggies tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended well.
- Add broth and tomatoes, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with flour tortillas.