Can you say mooooo to au ju?
Irisa Raina 9
But this is a nice surprise when you dip it in the hot jus and take a bite.
And the onions just put this sandwich over the top!
And don’t worry about the sugar, when adding sugar to onions it brings out the natural sweetness of the onions. You can leave this out if you wish. But whyyyyy?????
You won’t get this sandwich in any restaurant!!!!!
·4 hoagie buns
·2 lbs. thinly sliced deli roast beef
·1 – 10.5 ounce can campbell’s french onion soup
·1 – 10.5 ounce can beef consommé’ soup
·1 – 10.5 ounce can of beef broth
·1 & ½ cups apple cider or apple juice
·3 tablespoon unsalted butter “ divided into 3 separate tablespoons”.
·1 & ½ large onions sliced
·1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
How to Make Can you say mooooo to au ju?
- While the beef is cooking, slice the rolls.
- Scoop out a small amount of the bread from the rolls “top and bottom”.
- This is the messy part, carefully strain the au jus into a pot and keep warm on a simmer.
- On the bottom of the roll, place a small amount of the onion mixture.
- Then put the beef on top.
- Spread the onions on top of the beef.
- Place the top part of the roll, on the sandwich.