Campbell's Soup-Sloppy Joes
1 lb.ground beef
1 cupdiced onion (l only added 3/4 cup)
1 cupthinly sliced celery (l only added 1/2 cup)
1/8 tsp.ground black pepper
1 tsp.chili powder (l added 1-1/2 teaspoons)
10-3/4 oz.can condensed tomato soup
garnish:shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
How to Make Campbell's Soup-Sloppy Joes
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, and celery in the shortening. (I used 85% ground chuck for this recipe, so I didn't have to add any shortening, when cooking the beef and vegetables.) Drain off the excess grease.
- Season the cooked beef and vegetables, with the spices.
- Stir in the tomato soup.
- Cover skillet, and simmer to blend flavors.
(I simmered mine for 30 minutes; stirring frequently.)
- Serve sloppy joes on hamburger buns topped with some shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Note: I thought the sloppy joes tasted even better reheated the next day. You could really taste the chili powder in the sloppy joes a bit more.