Campbell's Soup-Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb.
- ground beef
- 1 cup
- diced onion (l only added 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup
- thinly sliced celery (l only added 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablesp.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp.
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp.
- chili powder (l added 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 10-3/4 oz.
- can condensed tomato soup
- hamburger buns
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
How to Make Campbell's Soup-Sloppy Joes
- 1In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, and celery in the shortening. (I used 85% ground chuck for this recipe, so I didn't have to add any shortening, when cooking the beef and vegetables.) Drain off the excess grease.
- 2Season the cooked beef and vegetables, with the spices.
- 3Stir in the tomato soup.
- 4Cover skillet, and simmer to blend flavors.
(I simmered mine for 30 minutes; stirring frequently.)
- 5Serve sloppy joes on hamburger buns topped with some shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- 6Note: I thought the sloppy joes tasted even better reheated the next day. You could really taste the chili powder in the sloppy joes a bit more.