Campbell's Savory Pot Roast
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3-4 lb
- boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck roast
- 1 can(s)
- golden mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 6 medium
- potatoes, quartered
- carrots, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Campbell's Savory Pot Roast
- 1In dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sear roast on all sides until well-browned. Pour off fat.
- 2Add mushroom soup, 1 cup of the water, and the soup mix. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Add potatoes and carrots, cover and cook for 1 more hour or until roast is done (150 - 160 degrees. Roast continues to cook after heat is shut off.)
- 4Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Mix the flour and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into soup mixture. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve this gravy with the roast and vegetables.