Calypso Beef Burger
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 c
- mango chutney
- 2 tsp
- caribbean jerk seasoning
- fresh or canned pineapple slices, cut 1/2- inch thick
- hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- 4 slice
- sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Calypso Beef Burger
- 1Combine ground beef, chutney and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2- inch thick patties.
- 2Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around patties. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- 3Grill pineapple, covered, 8 minutes or until heated through. (Gas grilling times remain the same.) About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- 4Place 1 burger and pineapple slice on bottom of each bun. Close sandwiches.