california cheeseburger pie
·1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
·1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
·2 large onions, chopped (1 cup)
·12 oz prepared cheese product (from 16-oz loaf), cubed (about 2 cups)
·1/2 cup thousand island dressing
·2 teaspoons yellow mustard
·16 round dill pickle chips or 8 oblong dill pickle slices
·1/4 teaspoon sesame seed lettuce leaves
·2 plum (roma) tomatoes, sliced
How to Make california cheeseburger pie
- Heat oven to 375°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in cheese, dressing and the mustard. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Spoon beef mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Arrange pickle chips over beef mixture.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top pie with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with ketchup and mustard if desired.