1 largehead of cabbage
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 1/4 cminute rice
1 can(s)14oz - diced tomatoes
1 can(s)8oz - tomato sauce
2lemons - juiced
How to Make Cabbage Rolls
- Core cabbage and take some outer leaves of cabbage off of head, how many depends on how big the cabbage rolls are. Put in boiling, salted water just long enough to make them pliable enough to roll. Remove leaves from water and set aside to drain and let cool.
- In a 2-4 inch deep casserole dish, lay some of the extra cabbage leaves that you did not boil as a bottom “bed” for the rolls.
- In a large bowl, mix ground meat, onion, garlic powder, minute rice, eggs, salt and pepper and mix well, form “fist” size meatballs and wrap one of the boiled cabbage leaves around it setting the roll seam side down on the bed of cabbage.
- In another bowl, mix the tomatoes, tomato sauce, lemon juice with salt and pepper and pour over top of cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake about an hour @ 325*.