Cabbage Bundles in Paprika Cream Sauce
1head of cabbage, 3-3 1/2 lbs
2 cfresh bread crumbs (4 slices)
1 tspseasoning salt
1/2 ccold water
1 lbgnd chuck, (or turkey)
1 ccooked rice
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1 mediumonion chopped (1/2 cup)
1 csliced carrots
1 cbeef broth
1 can(s)8 oz. tomato sauce
8 ozdairysour cream, room temperature
How to Make Cabbage Bundles in Paprika Cream Sauce
- Remove 12 to 16 large cabbage leaves , chop remaining coarsley to make 6 cups. ( stick large serving fork into core and dip head of cabbage in and out of boiling water to make pliable for rolling up and removing outer leaves.)
- Combine crumbs, salt and water in large bowl.
add beef eggs and rice,mix well
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture on each leaf. fold sides of leaf over stuffing, roll up from thick end of leaf.
- Heat butter in large dutch oven.
Add onion and saute a few minutes, add carrots and chopped cabbage, saute, stirring often until soft about 10 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, salt,broth and tomato sauce. Arrange stuffed cabbage bundles, seam side down and close together, over cabbage mixture in dutch oven, cover.
Cook over low heat, basting, 50 minutes to 1 hour
- Carefully remove cabbage bundles and keep warm.
Stir flour into sour cream, add to dutch oven.
Bring slowly to boiling, stirring constantly, boil 1 minute.
- Layer cabbage mixture and cabbage bundles in heated serving dish. Serve Warm