Cabbage Beef Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- onions, diced
- cabbage, coarsely sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 14.5 oz
- beef broth
- 2 1/2 tsp
How to Make Cabbage Beef Casserole
- 1About 1 3/4 hours before serving: In 5 quart dutch oven or saucepot over high heat, cook ground beef and onions until pan juices evaporate and meat is well browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove dutch oven from heat.
- 3Add cabbage, carrots, pepper and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 4Toss to mix well.
- 5Pour rice into 3 quart casserole.
- 6Spoon beef mixture on top of rice.
- 7Pour beef broth and 1/2 cup water over mixture.
- 9Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- 10To serve, stir ground beef with rice to mix well.