Cabbage Beef Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbground beef
1cabbage, coarsely sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2carrots, thinly sliced
3/4 clong grain rice, uncooked
14.5 ozbeef broth
2 1/2 tspsalt
How to Make Cabbage Beef Casserole
- About 1 3/4 hours before serving: In 5 quart dutch oven or saucepot over high heat, cook ground beef and onions until pan juices evaporate and meat is well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove dutch oven from heat.
- Add cabbage, carrots, pepper and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Toss to mix well.
- Pour rice into 3 quart casserole.
- Spoon beef mixture on top of rice.
- Pour beef broth and 1/2 cup water over mixture.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- To serve, stir ground beef with rice to mix well.