By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)refried beans
12 ozmonterey jack cheese, grated
1 can(s)green chiles, diced and drained
1 can(s)tomato sauce, small can
1/2bag of flour (approximately 5-6 cups)
1 lbground beef, browned
·garlic clove, finely chopped
How to Make Burrito Casserole
- Brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Drain fat and mix tomato sauce with browned beef and onions, set aside.
- Soften tortillas in microwave.
- Spread first tortilla with refried beans, sprinkle heavily with grated cheese, put in bottom of round 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Spread 2nd tortilla with thin layer of beans, place on top of first layer, spread generously with meat mixture, add a generous sprinkling of peppers and a scant sprinkling of cheese.
- Continue layering tortillas with the emphasis alternating between bean and cheese combo and meat and pepper combination.
- Reserve enough of the beans to spread a thin layer on the top tortilla, and cover it with a THICK layer of cheese.
- Cover with saran wrap, heat on medium in microwave for approximately 10 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side. (A salad and/or guacamole works well with this).