Bunyan's Diabetic Cowboy Beef
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Calories 360.1
Calories from Fat 124 34%
Total Fat 13.8g 21%
Sodium depends on how much you add
Total Carbohydrate 10.1g 3%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g 2%
Sugars 2.4 g 9%
Protein 48.9 g 97%
4 lbbone in chuck roast
1/2 ccorn oil
2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
1/3 cwhole wheat flour
4 cgood low sodium beef stock
3/4 tspdry mustard
1/4 tspcelery seed
1 Tbspgranulated onion
·sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Cowboy Beef
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, granulated onion salt & pepper in a bowl. Make sure it's well incorporated
- Put your chuck roast in a large zip top plastic bag, pour in the marinade, squeeze out as much air as possible, seal, & plop it in a dish. Stick it in the fridge over night.
- Next day, put the meat, along with the marinade in your cast iron dutch oven, add the water & cover
- In your charcoal grill get some charcoal started and let it burn down for 30 minutes
- Now take your Dutch Oven and stick it right smack in the middle of the fire. Twist it down so you have charcoal under it, & about 1/2 way up the sides. Take some of the coals and completely cover the lid with them
- Now just let er go for 4 hours! you'll probably need to add more hot coals about every two hours
- When it's done, CAREFULLY brush the hot coals off the lid, & gently lift the Dutch Oven out of the grill. PLEASE BE CAREFUL BECAUSE IT'S GONNA BE SCREAMIN' HOT!
- Set the Dutch Oven on top of the stove, CAREFULLY remove the lid, you're gonna get a blast of steam when you lift the lid so try to use the lid as a shield when you take it off.
- Take the meat from the Dutch Oven and set it on a sheet pan to rest
- Combine the flour & stock and whisk thoroughly.
- Turn the burner under the Dutch Oven on to medium high & bring the stock in it to a boil. Add the stock/flour combo while whisking vigorously! Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer and allow the sauce to reduce until it reaches the thickness you like.
- Serve any way you like!