4 lbbeef brisket
1 largeonion diced
2ribs celery diced
1/4 tspfreshly cracked black pepper
1 pkgonion soup mix
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Alehouse Brisket
- Preheat oven to 550
- Place meat, onion, carrot, & celery in roasting pan and brown uncovered in oven. About 15 mins
- After browning lower oven to 300
- Season meat with pepper.
- Dissolve onion soup mix in water.
- Mix ketchup and beer together and add to soup mixture.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover pan with foil and roast for 3 hours or until tender.
- Add flour to 1/4 cup pan drippings to make a paste.
- Stir paste into gravy in pan.
- To make a thicker gravy, add more flour.
- Return pan to oven and continue roasting for an additional 30 minutes.
- Slice meat across grain and serve with gravy.