☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largesweet onion (such as vidalia or texan)
1 lblean ground beef
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspground black pepper
8kale leaves (or 8 green kale leaves or 8 other desired lettuce, stems removed)
2 tspolive oil
4 slicetexas toast bread
4 sliceswiss cheese (optional)
How to Make Bull's Eye Burger
- Peel and cut onion into four 1/4-inch-thick slices; reserve remaining onion for another use.
- Shape meat loosely into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Press 1 onion slice into the center of each patty and shape meat around onion until top of onion is flush with the surface of the meat patty.
- Place patties, onion side up, on grill.
- Grill for 10 to 13 minutes or until meat is done, carefully turning once halfway through grilling with a spatula once meat firms up. Turn carefully to keep onion intact.
- Lightly brush kale leaves with oil and add to grill the last 1 to 1 1/2 minutes of grilling.
- To serve, place 2 kale leaves on each bread slice. Top with a slice of cheese, then the meat patty, onion side up.