BulGoGi - Marinated Beef
If you want to make ahead of time, use any covered marinade container (or ziplock bag) and marinate in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
Serve over calrose or jasmine rice as it is, or add stir-fry veggies toward the end of cooking for an extra healthy boost.
1 1/2 - 2 lbbeef, trim fat, london broil works well
1/2 csesame oil
1/2 csoy sauce, light or regular
1 smallonion, finely chopped
5-6 clovefresh garlic, pressed or chopped
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 tspground white pepper, optional
2-4 ccooked calrose or jasmine rice
·stir-fry veggies as desired
How to Make BulGoGi - Marinated Beef
- Using large, sharp knife, slice slightly frozen beef across grain in thin strips, roughly a millimeter or two thickness. (Or have your butcher do it!)
- In a covered marinade container or large ziplock bag, add sesame oil, soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar, and pepper. Mix well. Add beef, mix until all meat is coated. Marinate for at least 1 hr, or up to 24 hours, in the refrigerator. (Just a note: if the meat marinated for a long time, you might want to discard marinade and remake 1/2 of the recipe again fresh)
- If serving over rice, start the rice cooking according to package directions, letting it finish while meat is cooking.
- Add beef and marinade mixture to a large skillet, or wok, cook over medium high heat until meat is cooked through and tender. Can simmer covered to make meat more tender.
- If desired, add any type of stir-fry veggies in the last 5-7 minutes of cooking. Serve over fluffed rice.