★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 large
- allspice, whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- 5-6 lb
- beef brisket, first cut, sliced paper thin
How to Make Brisket of Beef
- 1Remove any excess fat from brisket, but leave a little on top.
- 2Place one half of the onions on bottom of pan.
- 3Season the onions with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and lots of paprika.
- 4Place brisket on top of onions, then other half of onions and allspice on top of the brisket.
- 5Cover and roast in a 300 degree oven for 3 hours.
- 6Test your brisket and when it is fork tender, take it out.
- 7Let it cool and then slice it very thin.
- 8Strain juice and either thicken it with a little cornstarch or serve it au jus.
- 9You will have a very dark brown juice.
- 10NOTE: Best when made one day in advance.
- 11Aunt Sadie almost always served this with savory noodle kugel.
- 12I also serve it with roasted, boiled or mashed potatoes.
- 13Use a good roasting pan with a lit that fits well or covered with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 14Spray pan and inside of lid with non-stick cooking spray.