★★★★★ 1 vote5
·salt and pepper to taste
5-6 lbbeef brisket, first cut, sliced paper thin
How to Make Brisket of Beef
- Remove any excess fat from brisket, but leave a little on top.
- Place one half of the onions on bottom of pan.
- Season the onions with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and lots of paprika.
- Place brisket on top of onions, then other half of onions and allspice on top of the brisket.
- Cover and roast in a 300 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Test your brisket and when it is fork tender, take it out.
- Let it cool and then slice it very thin.
- Strain juice and either thicken it with a little cornstarch or serve it au jus.
- You will have a very dark brown juice.
- NOTE: Best when made one day in advance.
- Aunt Sadie almost always served this with savory noodle kugel.
- I also serve it with roasted, boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Use a good roasting pan with a lit that fits well or covered with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Spray pan and inside of lid with non-stick cooking spray.