Brisket In Natural Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 lb
- beef brisket
- onions, sliced
- carrots, into 2 inch chunks
- bay leaves
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 c
How to Make Brisket In Natural Gravy
- 1This brisket is better if prepared a day ahead and refrigerated over night; so that the congealed fat can easily be removed.
- 2The brisket and strained juices should be reheated together. Preheat the oven to 375.
- 3Place the brisket together with the onions, carrots, bay leaves, garlic, salt and pepper, in heavy duty dutch oven or heavy roasting pan with a tightly fitting cover.
- 4Add enough water to just cover the meat.
- 5Cover tightly and cook in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until the brisket is fork tender.
- 6Remove the brisket to a platter.
- 7Strain the pan juices and discard the carrots and onions, or save, and serve as a vegetable side dish.
- 8Reheat the pan juices in a saucepan.
- 9Slice the brisket and serve the pan juices in a gravy boat.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes.
- 11The left over brisket makes wonderful sandwiches.