Brisket In Natural Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef brisket
4carrots, into 2 inch chunks
6garlic cloves, crushed
How to Make Brisket In Natural Gravy
- This brisket is better if prepared a day ahead and refrigerated over night; so that the congealed fat can easily be removed.
- The brisket and strained juices should be reheated together. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the brisket together with the onions, carrots, bay leaves, garlic, salt and pepper, in heavy duty dutch oven or heavy roasting pan with a tightly fitting cover.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat.
- Cover tightly and cook in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until the brisket is fork tender.
- Remove the brisket to a platter.
- Strain the pan juices and discard the carrots and onions, or save, and serve as a vegetable side dish.
- Reheat the pan juices in a saucepan.
- Slice the brisket and serve the pan juices in a gravy boat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- The left over brisket makes wonderful sandwiches.