Braised Shredded Beef in Tomatoes and Red WIne
- 5 lb
- chuck roast cut into 5 or 6 chunks removing any fat
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large
- yellow onion diced
- 10 clove
- garlic minced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- cubes beef bouillon or 2 tbsp better than beef bouillon
- 3 c
- dry red wine i used pinot noir
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make Braised Shredded Beef in Tomatoes and Red WIne
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees.
In a large dutch oven add the oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the roast. Sear the pieces of roast one at a time on all sides and remove to a plate.
Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened. Add the wine and tomatoes scraping up all the bits from the bottom of the pan
- 2Stir in the bouillon and the balsamic vinegar.
Add the roast back into the pan.
Cover and transfer the pan to the oven and braise for about 3 to 4 hours. Until the roast falls apart.
- 3With two forks shred the roast and serve over potatoes, pasta, or rice.