Braised Beef with Tomatoes and Herbs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lblean steak
3 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspminced garlic
1/2 lbmushrooms, quartered
1 cdry red wine
2 ccanned tomatoes
24stuffed green olives
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 cchopped parsley
How to Make Braised Beef with Tomatoes and Herbs
- Trim the meat of all fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker until almost smoking.
- Add the beef cubes and cook over high heat, stirring often, until lightly browned all over.
- Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms and stir.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat the pieces evenly.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, olives, thyme, bay leaf, cayenne and saffron.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Cover and add the pressure regulator.
- Reduce the heat and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions, 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover as directed.
- Pour the beef into a serving dish and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.