★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef about 80% lean
1/2onions, medium, chopped
1/4 ccold water
How to Make BRAISED BEEF BALLS
- Mix ground beef, chopped onion, salt, pepper, and beaten egg together (I use my hands)
- Form into balls about 1 or 2 inches in diameter.
- Brown in electric skillet set at about 325 degrees. You don't want to completely cook them, just brown them
- Add 1 cup of water, lower the heat to a simmer setting and cover the skillet. Cook about 20 minutes or until one of the larger meatballs is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes for mashing or noodles.
- When meatballs are cooked through, remove from skillet.
- Mix flour and COLD water and add to the liquid in the skillet to make a roux. Let cook until it starts thickening and add milk to make about 2 cups of gravy. Let cook 5 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- Pour gravy over meatballs and serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.