Bourbon Spiced Filets with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Peaches
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- good quality bourbon
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard
- filet mignons (between 4 and 6 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 c
- goat cheese, crumbled
How to Make Bourbon Spiced Filets with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Peaches
- 1Combine brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, minced garlic, and dijon mustard.
- 2Place in a large plastic bag and marinate filet mignons at least 15 minutes, optimally 2 hours.
- 3Peel peaches and slice. Combine peach slices with balsaic vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Set aside at least 10 minutes, maximum 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 5Grill the filets about 8 minutes on each side, until the internal temperaturereaches 145 degrees F.
- 6Remove peach slices from their marinade and cook 3-5 minutes per side, until softened.
- 7Place the peach marinade in a large castiron skillet and boil until reduced by half (10 minutes).
- 8Top steaks with goat cheese and then layer with peach slices. Drizzle peach-balsamic reduction over the steaks right before serving.