Bourbon Spiced Filets with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Peaches
1 cbrown sugar
1 cgood quality bourbon
1/2 csoy sauce
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 cdijon mustard
6filet mignons (between 4 and 6 ounces each)
1 1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
1 tspfreshly cracked black pepper
2 cgoat cheese, crumbled
How to Make Bourbon Spiced Filets with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Peaches
- Combine brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, minced garlic, and dijon mustard.
- Place in a large plastic bag and marinate filet mignons at least 15 minutes, optimally 2 hours.
- Peel peaches and slice. Combine peach slices with balsaic vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Set aside at least 10 minutes, maximum 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the filets about 8 minutes on each side, until the internal temperaturereaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove peach slices from their marinade and cook 3-5 minutes per side, until softened.
- Place the peach marinade in a large castiron skillet and boil until reduced by half (10 minutes).
- Top steaks with goat cheese and then layer with peach slices. Drizzle peach-balsamic reduction over the steaks right before serving.