Boulettes With White Sauce (Meatballs)
This is made for lunch or dinner. It can also be made with ground pork sausage for a breakfast meal.
*** Feel free to add or remove spices to your taste... (I like a little more cloves, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- 2 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 tsp
- each: poultry seasoning, salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cloves
- 2 large
- onions (chopped)
- flour, salt and pepper to taste (enough to thicken and flavor the gravy)
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
How to Make Boulettes With White Sauce (Meatballs)
- 1Mix together the spices and ground beef. Shape into 1-inch diameter balls. Fill large sauce pan with enough water that will be enough to cover the meatballs, but do not put them in yet!
- 2Bring water to a rolling boil. Put one meatball into the pot at a time to keep the water boiling. When all the meatballs are added to the pot, keep boiling an additional 1/2 hour until the meatballs are almost white.
- 3After cooking meatballs for 15 minutes, add the chopped onions to the pot.
- 4Add the butter to the pot. Mix the flour and milk together and slowly add to the pot, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5*** Serve over biscuits, noodles or rice.