BONNIE'S BOILED DINNER
This humble meal and the photo is my own.
- pound tri-tip, frozen
- cans of beef broth
- can of water
- tablespoons a-1 sauce
- tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- onions halved
- cloves of garlic sliced
- cups of baby carrots
- medium sized russet potatoes whole and scrubbed.
- teaspoon black pepper
- tablespoons original mrs. dash
How to Make BONNIE'S BOILED DINNER
- 1Take the tri-tip from the freezer and place in the slow cooker on low heat. Add the broth and water, a-1 sauce, worcestershire sauce, onions, garlic, pepper, Mrs. Dash, carrots, and place the whole potatoes on top of the meat. The slow cooker should be about 3/4 full of liquid and cover the ingredients. If not, add more water. Let it cook at least 3 hours on low, then raise the heat to 2 hours on high, then back down to low for remaining cook time. It will take 6 hours or a little more to get done. Make sure the meat is fork tender and the vegetables are tender before serving. You can make gravy from the broth or cut the meat in slices and drizzle the broth over the meat and the potatoes and carrots. It makes good open faced sandwiches the next day with mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy!
- 2Cook's Tip: I cooked this meat frozen rock hard in the slow cooker. It took 6 1/2 hours to get done. Keep in mind, if you use fresh meat, it should lessen the cooking time. This is a good recipe if you have to be away from the house for a long period of time. You can still come home to a great dinner!