Blue Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- 4 Tbsp
- oil, divided
- 2 large
- onions, thinly sliced (1 cup per onion)
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 4 oz
- blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup per 4 oz)
- 1/3 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 lb
- beef flank steak, 3/4" - 1" thick
- demi french baguette rolls (5" - 6"), cut in half horizontally
How to Make Blue Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- 1In 10" non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Add onions, cook, stirring occasionally, 10 - 12 minutes or until deep golden brown. Add vinegar, 1/2 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper; cook 1 minute longer or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2In small bowl, mix cheese, mayonnaise and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- 3Preheat broiler for a few minutes. Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/2 tsp of the salt and remaining 1/2 tsp of the pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan and broil a couple inches under the broiler for 8 - 10 minutes, or to desired doneness turning once. (Can be grilled instead). Transfer steak to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- 4Lightly brush cut sides of rolls with remaining 2 tbsp of the oil. Place rolls, cut side down, on grill rack. Cook 1 - 2 minutes or until golden.
- 5Thinly slice steak across grain on the diagonal. Divide steak among bottom halves of rolls; top each with one-fourth of the onions. Spread cut sides of baguette tops with cheese mixture; place on top of onions. Serve immediately.