BLONDIE'S TEX-MEX BEEF ENCHILADAS
2 Tbspcanola oil
1small or 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
2 clovegarlic, finely minced
1 1/2 lbvery lean ground beef (90/10 or 93/7)
1 tspground cumin
1 Tbspchili powder
1 largecan chili, no beans (i use wolf brand) & 1/2 cup water
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make BLONDIE'S TEX-MEX BEEF ENCHILADAS
- In large hot skillet, pour in oil. Heat till shimmery. Add onions and saute' for 2-3 minutes on med heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Add ground beef, cumin and chili powder; break up into very small crumbles. Cook till not pink. Set aside.
- In saucepan warm canned chili, and about 1/2 cup water, stirring frequently till bubbly. Turn off heat.
- Pre heat oven to 350*. Spray Pam in a 13"x9" pyrex or baking pan. Pour enough chili in pan to cover the bottom.
- In a small hot non-stick skillet, add small amt water (about 1 TBSP.) With tongs, put a tortilla in skillet; turn in 10 seconds;remove from pan in 10 seconds. Place in baking pan and fill w/ 1/4 cup meat mixture and roll tortilla; place seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas till pan is full.
- Pour rest of chili on top of enchiladas. Now sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or till cheese is bubbly and turning brown around edges of pan.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with mexican rice and beans of style and choice (pintos or black). Also have crispy tortilla chips (I use Calidad) and salsa.