BLONDIE'S CORNBREAD PIE (SAVORY)
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1 largesweet yellow onion, chopped
·s&p to taste
1 clovegarlic, minced or 1/2 tsp jarred minced garlic
·***now the cornbread***
1 1/4 ccornmeal
1 1/4 cwhole milk
1 can(s)cream style corn
·grated cheese (your favorite) in the amount you want in your dish
How to Make BLONDIE'S CORNBREAD PIE (SAVORY)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with s&p, onions and garlic. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375^. In the meantime grate the cheese. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Then add milk and corn. Do not over mix. Lumps are ok.
- Spray a 13"x9" glass baking pan.
Now pour 1/2 cornmeal mixture in pan.
- Pour in meat mixture and top it with cheese.
Now pour the rest of the cornmeal mixture on top of that layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check it for doneness at about 35 minutes. Cook longer if necessary.
- Serve with a couple of green veggies and/or a nice green salad.