BLONDIE'S CORNBREAD PIE (SAVORY)
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 large
- sweet yellow onion, chopped
- s&p to taste
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- ***now the cornbread***
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 large
- 1 1/4 c
- whole milk
- 1 can(s)
- cream style corn
- grated cheese (your favorite) in the amount you want in your dish
- cooking spray
How to Make BLONDIE'S CORNBREAD PIE (SAVORY)
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef with s&p, onions and garlic. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 375^. In the meantime grate the cheese. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Then add milk and corn. Do not over mix. Lumps are ok.
- 4Spray a 13"x9" glass baking pan.
Now pour 1/2 cornmeal mixture in pan.
- 5Pour in meat mixture and top it with cheese.
Now pour the rest of the cornmeal mixture on top of that layer.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes. Check it for doneness at about 35 minutes. Cook longer if necessary.
- 7Serve with a couple of green veggies and/or a nice green salad.