Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Miss Ruby's Southern Creole & Cajun Cuisine.
- rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick
- 4 tsp
- blackened seasoning spice (Blackened Seasoning Spice)
- 1/4 lb
- butter (if using the skillet method)
How to Make Blackened Steak
- 1Rub the seasoning into the meat (if you like it spicy, add more).
- 2Heat an outdoor grill or melt the butter in a heavy iron skillet. When the skillet is very hot, add the steaks and cook to the desired doneness.
If you cook indoors, be sure to run your vent on high as the Blackened Seasoning tends to smoke a great deal.