Black Bean Casserole
- 1 lb
- ground beef,ground turkey,ground chicken,or ground sausage
- 1 c
- 4 oz. can mild green chilies
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz black beans -drained, but not rinsed
- 1 pkg
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
How to Make Black Bean Casserole
- 1In a 10" nonstick skillet,brown meat on medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. drain fat. stir in taco packet adding 1/4 cup water,keeping on low-medium heat.
- 2In the same skilet, stir in Salsa,green chilies,& black beans until heated through. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 3In a round 1.5 or 2 quart casserole dish, or 9x13 (if making a double batch), Layer torn soft tortillas ,then meat mixture, then cheese, then Repeat layering these ingredients, making cheese as the top layer. Bake 25min. Serve each individual serving with Sour cream and/or chopped green onions. Enjoy!
- 4If making a double Batch, Double the black beans . I think using 1 lb. of meat does the job,but 1/2 a pound more would be ok too!