1 lblean ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 conions, chopped
1/2 cred and green bell peppers, chopped
1 Tbspjalapenos, chopped **optional, depending on spiciness you desire
1/3-1/2 cbbq sauce, i like a sweet and spicy, amt depends on how saucy you like it
1 can(s)10 refrigerator biscuits - or homemade
4 oz(1 cup) shredded pepper jack cheese
1/2 csour cream or ranch dressing, if desired
How to Make Bit-O-Kick Empanada
- Preheat oven to 375
- Saute onions, peppers and meat in skillet until cooked, stirring frequently, then drain.
- Add barbecue sauce. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Roll biscuits into 6" rounds (divide dough and roll smaller for appetizer size)
- Spoon meat mixture evenly onto 1/2 of round. Top with sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Fold biscuit over filling and press edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet pan.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce, if desired. For main course, serve with a mexican rice or mexican salad, or both.