- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 4 slice
- onion, 1/2- inch thick
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 slice
- swiss cheese
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- crusty rolls, split and toasted
- leaves romaine lettuce
- tomato, cut into 4 slices
How to Make Bistro Cheeseburgers
- 1Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4- inch thick patties. Brush onion with oil.
Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Place onion around patties.
- 2Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, until no pink remains and onions are tender, turning once.
Season with salt and pepper. About 1 minute before patties are done, top each with 2 slices of cheese.
- 3Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops.
Serve burgers and onion in rolls with lettuce and tomato.