2 lbground beef
2 largeonion- sliced
4crusty rolls, split and toasted
4romaine lettuce leaves
8 sliceswiss cheese
3 Tbspdijon mustard
8 slicethick bacon, cooked (bacon optional)
How to Make Bistro Cheeseburger
- In small bowl, combine sauce ingredients (mayonnaise and dijon mustard); set aside.
- Shape ground beef into four 3/4" thick patties.
- Lightly brush oil onto cut sides of onion.
- Place patties and onions on grill over medium, ash covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes or until centers are no longer pink and onions are tender, turning once.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, if desired, after turning.
- Approximately 1 minute before burgers are done, top each burger with 2 slices cheese.
- Meanwhile, spread equal parts of sauce mixture on top half of each roll.
- Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with cheeseburger and onion.
- Close sandwiches.