- 2 lb
- ground beef
- vegetable oil
- 2 large
- onion- sliced
- crusty rolls, split and toasted
- romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slice
- 8 slice
- swiss cheese
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 8 slice
- thick bacon, cooked (bacon optional)
How to Make Bistro Cheeseburger
- 1In small bowl, combine sauce ingredients (mayonnaise and dijon mustard); set aside.
- 2Shape ground beef into four 3/4" thick patties.
- 3Lightly brush oil onto cut sides of onion.
- 4Place patties and onions on grill over medium, ash covered coals.
- 5Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes or until centers are no longer pink and onions are tender, turning once.
- 6Season burgers with salt and pepper, if desired, after turning.
- 7Approximately 1 minute before burgers are done, top each burger with 2 slices cheese.
- 8Meanwhile, spread equal parts of sauce mixture on top half of each roll.
- 9Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with cheeseburger and onion.
- 10Close sandwiches.