Bistro Beef Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbbeef top sirloin boneless, 3/4 inch thick
2 Tbspchopped parsley
2garlic cloves, crushed
1 largered onion
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cdry red wine
1/2 lbnew potatoes, steamed
How to Make Bistro Beef Steak
- Trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, parsley, garlic and pepper; toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Cut onion into 1/4-inch thick slices; separate into rings.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, then cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove to serving platter; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add beef and stir-fry 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Place beef on top of onion.
- Add wine to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to surface are dissolved and liquid thickens slightly.
- Pour sauce over beef.
- Serve with potatoes.
- To steam new potatoes, place steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water (water should not touch bottom of basket).
- Place 10 to 12 new potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds) in basket.
- Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Steam 18 to 22 minutes or until tender.