Bistro Beef Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- beef top sirloin boneless, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 large
- red onion
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- dry red wine
- 1/2 lb
- new potatoes, steamed
How to Make Bistro Beef Steak
- 1Trim fat from beef steak.
- 2Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine beef, parsley, garlic and pepper; toss to coat.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cut onion into 1/4-inch thick slices; separate into rings.
- 6In a large non stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- 7Add onion, then cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 8Remove to serving platter; keep warm.
- 9In same skillet, add beef and stir-fry 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- 10Season with salt, if desired.
- 11Place beef on top of onion.
- 12Add wine to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to surface are dissolved and liquid thickens slightly.
- 13Pour sauce over beef.
- 14Serve with potatoes.
- 15To steam new potatoes, place steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water (water should not touch bottom of basket).
- 16Place 10 to 12 new potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds) in basket.
- 17Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 18Steam 18 to 22 minutes or until tender.