Birthday Prime rib.
How to Make Birthday Prime rib.
- 1Heat oven to 475. While waiting for oven to preheat clean and dry off any extra water on roast.
- 2Put in a roasting pan. Pour seasoning into palm of hand. Rub into meat, all around on every part of roast. Pour Olive oil all over roast. Put tin foil on top.
- 3Put roast in middle rack in oven. Let cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour on 475. Allow meat to sear in high temp. After the meat is seared for about 1 hour lower temp of oven to 250 and slow cook for 2 to 3 hours. Depending how you like your meat. Shorter time for rarer meat. We liked it cooked.
- 4Pull out once roast has slow cooked for hours and let it rest on counter for 30 minutes. While roast is cooling you can make au jus sauce. I took the roast out of roaster then I added a lawry's au jus sauce mix to pan added water. Stirred until the left over bits got into the au jus.
- 5Cut the entire roast into thin slices and add back to the roasting pan with au jus sauce. Put back into oven for about 30 more minutes.
- 6Take out eat with baked potatoes, salads and garlic knots.