BILL'S HAMBURGER STEAK
Recipe by Bill
- pounds of lean hamburger
- chopped green onions
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoons my complete seasoning
- can mushroom soup
- package brown gravy, store bought
- can sliced mushrooms, drained
How to Make BILL'S HAMBURGER STEAK
- 1My Complete Seasoning is a mix I use to cook with. It contains: 3 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Mix together and keep in a shaker bottle by the stove. Good on just about everything. Close to Nature's Seasoning in flavor, but a little stronger. Add 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper to it for Latin dishes.
- 3Shape the meat into 3 to 4 patties. Place the patties in a non-stick medium size skillet and brown on both sides. Mop up any grease that has accumulated with a paper towel on the sides of the pan, but leave the brown pieces and about 1 tablespoon of grease which contain a lot of flavor for the gravy.
- 5Mix the one can of mushroom soup with the one package of gravy mix in a small bowl, and add about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water a little at a time, whisking until smooth, add the mushrooms. The gravy should be on the thick side, Add the the mixture to the skillet. Gently move the hamburger steaks around to pick up the flavoring. The gravy will be a nice tan color. Then put the lid on and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon the gravy up onto the hamburger steaks while it simmers.
Serve with mashed potatoes or hot buttered noodles and peas. Enjoy!