Beth's Taco Salad
Yum Yum and Yuuuuuummm!
2 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix or 2 tbsp. homemade taco season
1 Tbspjalapeno juice (halved) from a jar of jalapineos
1 bag(s)tortilla rounds chips
1 can(s)refried beans
1 bunchlettuce leaves (shredded with a knife)
1 pkgcherry/grape tomatoes
1 can(s)black olives (whole or sliced, whichever you prefer on your salad)
1 bag(s)shredded cheddar or fiesta cheese
1container sour cream
1 jar(s)salsa/pacanti sauce
How to Make Beth's Taco Salad
- With your hands, thoroughly mix ground beef and taco mix togather in a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on medium, and add 1 cup of water to the skillet and brown the ground beef mixture along with 1/2 the jalapeno juice. While the meat mixture is cooking, prep all ingredients:
Put sour cream in a plastic zip-lock bag
Pour the guacamole in another zip-lock bag.
- When the ground beef mixture is done cooking, drain off the excess grease return meat mixture to the skillet and add the rest of the Tbsp. of jalapeno juice, stir in the re-fried beans and thoroughly mix in to the beef mixture.
- When it's time to plate up the taco salad:
Place desired amount of tortilla chips on the plate, then a hand full of shredded cheese, next the meat mixture, picanti sauce/salsa, then another hand full of cheese. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Finishing off the taco Salad:
First add the lettuce, then the onions then the cherry/grape tomatoes, whole or halved, then the black olives.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag of soure cream, and in the bag of guacamole and squeeze over the top of the salad.
Now, Dig in and Enjoy.