★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3-4 lb
- rump roast, or your favorite cut of beef roast
- 1 bottle
- your favorite beer
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 3-4 clove
- 1/2 c
- flour (enough to dredge roast)
- 3 Tbsp
- oil (enough to brown roast in)
How to Make Beer Beef
- 1Slice garlic cloves in half lengthwise. If they are very big cloves you can slice in thirds. Cut small slits around on the roast and stuff garlic pieces into slits.
- 2Mix flour and salt and pepper. Heat oil on stove in heavy frying pan.
- 3Dredge roast in flour mix and brown on every side in hot oil.
- 4Mix beer and onion soup mix in crock pot. Place roast in and cook on high for 1-2 hours. Turn to low and cook the remaining 6-7 hours. You may need to add some water to bring liquid up to cover roast about half-way. You can also add potatoes and carrots to cook along with the roast. Or pull meat apart and serve for sandwiches.