By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1/4 conion, finely chopped
1/4 cgreen bell pepper, diced
2minced garlic cloves
15 oztomato sauce
1/2 csteak sauce
1 tspitalian seasoning
2 pkgrefrigerated pizza crust dough
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Beefy Calzones
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until beef is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat; drain.
- Keep warm.
- In small skillet, over medium heat, heat tomato sauce, steak sauce and italian seasoning to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir 1 cup tomato sauce mixture into beef mixture; set aside.
- Keep remaining tomato sauce mixture warm.
- Unroll pizza dough from 1 package; divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 6 inch square; spoon 1/3 cup reserved beef mixture onto center of each square.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Fold dough over to form triangle.
- Press edges together, sealing well with tines of fork.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough, filling and cheese to make a total of 8 calzones.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with warm sauce.
- Garnish as desired.
- Makes 8 servings.