By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- green bell pepper, diced
- minced garlic cloves
- 15 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- steak sauce
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Beefy Calzones
- 1In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until beef is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat; drain.
- 2Keep warm.
- 3In small skillet, over medium heat, heat tomato sauce, steak sauce and italian seasoning to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Stir 1 cup tomato sauce mixture into beef mixture; set aside.
- 6Keep remaining tomato sauce mixture warm.
- 7Unroll pizza dough from 1 package; divide into 4 equal pieces.
- 8Roll each piece into a 6 inch square; spoon 1/3 cup reserved beef mixture onto center of each square.
- 9Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 10Fold dough over to form triangle.
- 11Press edges together, sealing well with tines of fork.
- 12Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 13Repeat with remaining dough, filling and cheese to make a total of 8 calzones.
- 14Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Serve with warm sauce.
- 16Garnish as desired.
- 17Makes 8 servings.