Beefsteak Smothered In Onions1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- round steak
- onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- bay leaves
- parsley sprigs, chopped
- fresh sprigs of thyme
- garlic clove
- 1 pt
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beefsteak Smothered In Onions
- 1Beat the round steak well with the rolling pin or steak hammer; cut off the outer skin and press the meat back into shape.
- 2Place the lard in the deep frying pan and let it melt.
- 3Then lay in the sliced onions, and over these the beefsteak, which has been well seasoned with salt and pepper and dredged with the flour.
- 4Cover closely.
- 5Let it simmer over a hot fires for a few minutes and then turn the steak on the other side.
- 6After three minutes, add the vinegar, chopped parsley, thyme, bay leaf and a clove of garlic.
- 7Turn the steak, letting the flour brown well, and keep the pot closely covered.
- 8When brown pour over one cup of water, or a pint, which will be sufficient to cover the meat.
- 9Bring this to a brisk boil and set the pot back where it can simmer gently for about two hours.
- 10When tender, put the beefsteak into a platter, cover with the onions and gravy, and you will have a delicious and delicately flavored dish.