Beefsteak Smothered In Onions1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbround steak
6onions, thinly sliced
2parsley sprigs, chopped
2fresh sprigs of thyme
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beefsteak Smothered In Onions
- Beat the round steak well with the rolling pin or steak hammer; cut off the outer skin and press the meat back into shape.
- Place the lard in the deep frying pan and let it melt.
- Then lay in the sliced onions, and over these the beefsteak, which has been well seasoned with salt and pepper and dredged with the flour.
- Cover closely.
- Let it simmer over a hot fires for a few minutes and then turn the steak on the other side.
- After three minutes, add the vinegar, chopped parsley, thyme, bay leaf and a clove of garlic.
- Turn the steak, letting the flour brown well, and keep the pot closely covered.
- When brown pour over one cup of water, or a pint, which will be sufficient to cover the meat.
- Bring this to a brisk boil and set the pot back where it can simmer gently for about two hours.
- When tender, put the beefsteak into a platter, cover with the onions and gravy, and you will have a delicious and delicately flavored dish.