Beef with Tomato and Green Peppers1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- round steak
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- salt to taste
- onion thinly sliced
- minced garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp
- tomatoes, cut in wedges
- green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1.5 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
How to Make Beef with Tomato and Green Peppers
- 1Carefully slice beef into thin bite size pieces about 1x1 inches.
- 2Be sure you slice beef across the grain, otherwise the beef will become tough after cooking.
- 3Marinate meat in soya sauce, wine, salt for a few minutes.
- 4In the meantime slice tomatoes, green peppers and the onion. Then mince the garlic.
- 5Make up corn starch solution (mix the cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of water).
- 6Have sugar on hand.
- 7Heat oil up in wok until smoking.
- 8Stir fry beef quickly in it for no longer than 3 minutes.
- 9Remove beef to a platter.
- 10Reserve. (If beef is allowed to remain cooking in wok with other ingredients, it will become hard and tough.)
- 11Add green peppers and tomatoes to wok.
- 12Add sugar, cook tomatoes down until juice forms in bottom of wok (about 3-5 minutes cooking time).
- 13Add beef back into wok.
- 14Stir all ingredients up so that it is mixed.
- 15Add corn starch solution, cook 1 minute.
- 16Shut burner off, serve dish immediately.