Beef with Tomato and Green Peppers1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbround steak
2 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt to taste
1onion thinly sliced
1minced garlic clove
4tomatoes, cut in wedges
1green bell pepper, sliced
How to Make Beef with Tomato and Green Peppers
- Carefully slice beef into thin bite size pieces about 1x1 inches.
- Be sure you slice beef across the grain, otherwise the beef will become tough after cooking.
- Marinate meat in soya sauce, wine, salt for a few minutes.
- In the meantime slice tomatoes, green peppers and the onion. Then mince the garlic.
- Make up corn starch solution (mix the cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of water).
- Have sugar on hand.
- Heat oil up in wok until smoking.
- Stir fry beef quickly in it for no longer than 3 minutes.
- Remove beef to a platter.
- Reserve. (If beef is allowed to remain cooking in wok with other ingredients, it will become hard and tough.)
- Add green peppers and tomatoes to wok.
- Add sugar, cook tomatoes down until juice forms in bottom of wok (about 3-5 minutes cooking time).
- Add beef back into wok.
- Stir all ingredients up so that it is mixed.
- Add corn starch solution, cook 1 minute.
- Shut burner off, serve dish immediately.