Beef with Sugar Snap Peas
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cupuncooked brown rice
1 1/2 lbbeef flank steak
3 Tbsplow-sodium soy sauce, divided
2 tspsesame oil
1 mediumonion, halved and then sliced into thin half rings
2 tspground ginger
3 cupsfrozen sugar snap peas
2 cupsshredded carrot
3/4 cuplow-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cuphoisin sauce
How to Make Beef with Sugar Snap Peas
- Cook rice according to package direction, except omit any salt and fat (such as butter, oil).
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Combine steak and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; toss well to coat beef with soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and soy mixture, and sauté for about 4 minutes or until beef is lightly browned on all sides. Transfer steak to platter; keep warm.
- Add onion and ginger to skillet, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add peas and carrots, and sauté for 2 minutes more. Stir in the steak/soy mixture, and sauté another minute or so (enough to thoroughly heat the beef).
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 Tbsp soy sauce, broth, hoisin and cornstarch. Add the broth mixture to the skillet, and bring mixture to a brisk boil. Let boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.