Beef with Brown Rice and Feta Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cbrown rice, cooked
1.5 cbeef, cooked chunks
3 ozfeta cheese, crumbled
6black olives, pitted
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
1.5 ctomatoes, canned
1garlic clove, minced
How to Make Beef with Brown Rice and Feta Casserole
- Put the dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup hot water and let stand 20 minutes.
- Saute the onion in the oil slowly for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and garlic, and let cook gently uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Pepper to taste, then add the dried mushrooms, cut in quarters if large, with any tough stems removed, and the mushroom soaking liquid; cook another 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom of 1 1/2 qt casserole with 1 cup of the rice, add the cooked beef, and strew over the top the feta cheese, the olives and half the sauce.
- Add the remaining rice and the rest of the sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes.